"Find out below how I might be able to help, and if you think I can then please do get in touch via phone or email." Liz

Would you like the help of your MP?

Liz’s role as a Member of Parliament is to represent the people of Heywood and Middleton at Westminster. If you aren’t sure whether Liz is your MP, you can double check here: http://www.ukpolitical.info/Finder.htm . As the Member of Parliament for Heywood and Middleton, Liz can only deal with issues raised by residents within that constituency.

Liz holds regular advice surgeries at venues across Heywood, Middleton, Bamford, Castleton, Norden and Alkrington. These are by appointment only. Please get in touch to arrange an appointment.


Liz and her staff can only offer help and support on matters for which Parliament or central government is responsible, such as:

  • Tax problems involving the HM Revenue and Customs Department.
  • Problems dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions such as benefits, pensions and National Insurance.
  • Problems dealt with by the Home Office, such as immigration.
  • Problems dealt with by the Department of Health, such as hospitals and the National Health Service (NHS).
  • Problems dealt with by the Department for Education, such as school closures and grants.

MPs cannot settle private disputes with neighbours or employers, and cannot help in family arguments or consumer matters. Liz also cannot interfere with decisions made in court.


If you are a constituent and you have a problem or question you think Liz can help with, please telephone the office on 01706 361135, email liz.mcinnes.mp@parliament.uk, or write to Liz at: Liz McInnes MP, House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA. In all correspondence, please include your name and full address, and if possible your telephone number and email address. Liz will not be able to help you without these details.

Liz also has twitter and facebook accounts, but cannot answer casework questions on those sites – please get in touch using the details above if you have a constituency issue to raise.

For all media enquiries please contact the Constituency Office on 01706 361135 or email liz.mcinnes.mp@parliament.uk.

To request a visit from Liz please email liz.mcinnes.mp@parliament.uk.


There is a lot that MPs cannot get involved in. However, there are lots of other organisations who may be able to give you the advice you need if Liz is unable to help, such as:

  • Rochdale Council

If you have a problem or question regarding local council issues, such as recycling, fly-tipping, school admissions or council tax, you should contact your local councillor or Rochdale Council directly. You can find out who your local councillor is here.

  • Other helpful organisations

Many other organisations provide free and confidential advice which you may find useful. You can find a list of contacts here.

Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search