Contact Liz

Would you like the help of your MP?

Liz's role as a Member of Parliament is to represent the people of Heywood and Middleton at Westminster. If you aren't sure whether Liz is your MP, you can double check here: . As the Member of Parliament for Heywood and Middleton, Liz can only deal with issues raised by residents within that constituency.

Liz holds regular advice surgeries at venues across Heywood and Middleton. You don't need an appointment, and you can find details here.

What issues can an MP help with?

Liz and her staff can only offer help and support on matters for which Parliament or central government is responsible, such as:

  • Tax problems involving the HM Revenue and Customs Department.
  • Problems dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions such as benefits, pensions and National Insurance.
  • Problems dealt with by the Home Office, such as immigration.
  • Problems dealt with by the Department of Health, such as hospitals and the National Health Service (NHS).
  • Problems dealt with by the Department for Education, such as school closures and grants.

MPs cannot settle private disputes with neighbours or employers, and cannot help in family arguments or consumer matters. Liz also cannot interfere with decisions made in court.

How to contact Liz

If you are a constituent and you have a problem or question you think Liz can help with, telephone the office on 01706 361135, email, or write to Liz at: Liz McInnes MP, House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA. Please include your name and full address, and if possible your telephone number and email address.

Liz also has twitter and facebook accounts, but is unable to answer casework questions on those sites - please get in touch using the details above if you have a constituency issue to raise.

For all media enquiries please contact the Constituency Office on 01706 361135.

To request a visit from Liz please email

Who else could provide advice or support?

There is a lot that MPs cannot get involved in. However, there are lots of other organisations who may be able to give you the advice you need if Liz is unable to help, such as:

  • Rochdale Council

If you have a problem or question regarding local council issues, such as recycling, fly-tipping, school admissions or council tax, you should contact your local councillor or Rochdale Council directly. You can find details of how to contact them here.

  • Other helpful organisations

Many other organisations provide free and confidential advice which you may find useful. You can find a list of contacts here.

Do you like this page?

The Labour Party will place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better.

Please read this to review the updates about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our site.

To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice. Use of this site confirms your acceptance of these cookies.